Hello and welcome to 2009. I hope everyone had a good Christmas and new year. I spent the former in Colorado and the latter in Winchester, and much fun was had by all. Thanks also for the birthday wishes, much appreciated (especially given that most of my friends forget in the festive haze, sob sob). Thanks also for the people who sent me present via Amazon.
So, it’s the first working Monday of the new year, and everything has predictably gone a bit insane. This is partly a function of the fact that the momentum was really picking up at the end of the year (Asda playlist, anyone??), and also the fact that I was firing off emails with suggestions to my people as and when ideas came to me all over Christmas, so the poor fuckers have mountains of stuff to wade through, HA! Anyway. Let’s talk about things in small doses, eh?
Firstly, Live. Coming up, we have the following:
- 11th January – Secret show somewhere in the South. More details soon.
- 15th January – Eurosonic Festival in Noorderslag, Holland (band show)
- 17th January – LIVERPOOL BARFLY. This show sold out over the Christmas period, which is great. We’ve decided to move up a room at the Barfly, so, all existing tickets still fine, obviously, but we have 100 more available a of today, and that will be it, so I’d suggest getting them asap. Band show, with Chris and Emily.
- 18th January – Oxford Zodiac. Band show, with Chris and Emily. Tickets here.
- 19th January – Cambridge Junction. Band show, with Chris and Emily. Tickets here.
- 28th January – FREE instore at Banquet Records, Kingston, 6pm.
- 2nd February – 4th March – main support for The Gaslight Anthem across the UK and Europe.
There’s more stuff after that – Eastern Europe with Anti-flag, SXSW, Ireland and so on, but more on that a bit later.
Next up, let’s talk about radio and TV. Stuff for you to check out, and ways you can help:
- 12th January – Radio One Live Lounge. I’ll be on this playing a few songs for y’all, including the requisite pop-tastic cover. More details on the time etc. coming soon.
- On that note, we’ve had a lot of support from both Radio One and XFM recently, which has been amazing. If you have the time to send an email or a text to them expressing your delight at hearing me on the radio, please please do. It makes a huge difference. Thanks
- As for MTV, their Myspace Chart is still up for voting, so if you can take 5 minutes out of your work day to head here, that’d be great. Spread the word.
Finally, on 26th January, we’re releasing a Deluxe Edition Love Ire & Song on the world. To be exact, this comprises the original album, and the First Three Years, in one package. This means that if you already bought both you don’t need to go shopping again, and if you just want the First Three Years you can still get it here. If you are missing both, get ye to a shop!
PS Reading back through this, it’s crazy to see how much things have moved on for me. I don’t want to repeat what I wrote at the end of last year (below), but.. fuck. Wow.
PPS Does anyone know any good artists who do lino cuts or woodprints? If so, please let me know. Thanks.