…But not masses. I’ll keep up the China diary some more tomorrow (I’m dog-tired right now), but in the meantime I have a bunch of extra shows for the summer to tell you all about. I’ll list them out nicely below, and you can look at the whole lot by pointing yourself at the “Upcoming Gigs” tab above, but for the meantime…
The Freddie Mercury tribute concert in 1992 was a major musical milestone in my life. My older sister made me watch it with her, and we taped the whole thing over a number of VHS cassettes (swapping them over as fast as possible so as not to miss anything). I was 10 years old, I’d just started finding out about music, but seeing Metallica, Guns n Roses, Spinal Tap (!) and a host of others playing Queen tunes was a major eye-opener for me. We watched those tapes till they broke. So for that reason and a million others, I’m pretty blown away to say I’ll be opening for Green Day at Wembley Stadium (and Manchester Cricket Ground) in June. The world has gone mad.
- 16th June 2010 @ Manchester Cricket Ground, with Green Day (tickets)
- 19th June 2010 @ Wembley Stadium, London, with Green Day (tickets)
- 9th July 2010 @ Ruisrock Festival, Finland. I’m excited to be heading back out to Scandinavia with the band again, hope to see old friends and new there.
- 14th July 2010 @ Komedia, Bath (tickets). This is a warm up for a weekend of festivals, but I haven’t played Bath for a while so it’s good to be going back, whatever the reason.
- 31st July 2010 @ Lowertown Festival, St Paul, MN, USA.
- 5th August 2010 @ The Stone Pony, Asbury, NJ, USA, opening for my old pals, The Gaslight Anthem (tickets).
Not bad for a day’s work. To sleep.