Sad as I am not to be living it up in Moscow right now, it must be said that having some time off is not to be sniffed at. It’s lovely to be back in Winchester with a little spring sunshine and not too much work on. Last night I got to catch up with the Polar Bears one last time, and tonight Emily Barker is playing down the road. I also plan to have a bath.
Some points of order.. Firstly, touring. We’ve added and announced two more Irish shows for the October tour – Dublin and Belfast on the 13th and 14th respectively. Details and ticket links are on the gigs page. Beans On Toast will be with me, but alas no Fake Problems.
Speaking of trans-Atlantic cousins, the dates for my US run of shows are now finalized. They can also be found on said gigs page, but for those at the back:
- 22nd March @ The Warhol, San Antonio, TX, USA
- 24th March @ Chyro Arts, Phoenix, AZ, USA
- 25th March @ Hensley’s Flying Elephant, San Diego, CA, USA
- 26th March @ The Viper Room, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- 27th March @ The Blank Club, San Jose, CA, USA
- 28th March @ Thee Parkside, San Francisco, CA, USA
- 30th March @ Backspace, Portland, OR, USA
- 31st March @ Flying M Coffee Garage, Nampa, ID, USA
- 1st April @ SHO, Salt Lake City, UT, USA (early show)
- 1st April @ Bar Deluxe, Salt Lake City, UT, USA (late show)
- 2nd April @ Marquis Theatre, Denver, CO, USA
Next up… I have a split vinyl coming out on Suburban Home Records in the USA, as part of their “under the influence” series. My side is a cover of Springsteen’s “Thunder Road”, while on the other you have the amazing Austin Lucas covering Dolly Parton. To top it all, Mitch Clem did the artwork (swoon). So yeah, it’s a steal, and you can pre-order it here. How many links can one man fit in a paragraph? Welcome, friends, to the 21st Century.
Finally, Tarrant, Ben and Nigel have been working on a rehearsal space for the band to use in preparing the new album. I want to keep a pretty thorough diary of the process, so this here is the start of it all: